To learn more about our DirectCare program, click here for a Q&A with Dr. Hillary Morgan and Dr. Jeff Terry.
Jeff Terry, MD and Hillary Morgan, MD
Comprehensive Annual Wellness Examination
Although the DirectCare program does not include or require a Comprehensive Annual Wellness Examination, participants in the DirectCare program are encouraged to schedule a Wellness Examination on an annual basis. This extended Wellness Examination, not in connection with any illness or injury, is designed to proactively safeguard your health on a regular basis, to enhance the physician-patient relationship and to create a solid foundation for future care. The exam typically includes a detailed physical examination, a complete review of your medical history and risk factors using health questionnaires and interview tools, vision and hearing testing, chest x-ray, EKG, spirometry and body-fat analysis, all of which are performed in my office.
A comprehensive lab panel including a urinalysis, complete blood count, cholesterol panel, liver profile, kidney profile, blood sugar, electrolytes, HgA1C, thyroid panel, C-reactive protein and PSA (for men) is also performed. When all results from your Comprehensive Medical Examination are complete, I will personally call you to discuss or arrange a follow-up appointment if necessary.
Most insurance plans provide some level of benefit coverage for wellness exams. We will bill your insurance plan(s) for the services provided in the Comprehensive Wellness Examination; subject to the terms of your insurance coverage, you will be responsible for any relevant copayments, coinsurance, or deductibles. As a participant in the DirectCare program, you may be entitled to a discount on charges related to the Comprehensive Annual Wellness Examination that are non-covered services.
Services Provided by the DirectCare Program
The DirectCare program includes the services listed below, and only includes services that are not covered by your insurance (the services included in the DirectCare program shall be referred to herein as “DirectCare Services”).
- Private Waiting Area. A private waiting area is provided exclusively for patients of the DirectCare program. The waiting area provides a peaceful area for you and your family members to relax and includes amenities such as fresh coffee, beverages, snacks and up-to-date magazines.
- Same Day/Next Business Day Appointments for Non-Urgent Problems. Appointments will be scheduled for minor and non-urgent medical problems the same or next business day that you call.
- Little or No Office Wait Time. You will be seen promptly at the time of your appointment.
- Extended Time with Physician During Your Appointment. Comprehensive Annual Wellness Exam appointments will be scheduled for sixty (60) minutes and all other appointments for thirty (30) minutes, allowing ample time to address your healthcare needs.
- Personal Response During Office Hours. During office hours, the DirectCare staff will respond to your phone calls. If the DirectCare staff is unable to respond to your call immediately, your call will be returned promptly the same day. I will make every effort to speak with you personally at the time of your phone call if you deem your problem to be urgent.
- My Personal Cell Phone Number for After Hours Emergencies. DirectCare patients are provided with my personal cell phone number so they may reach me for urgent medical problems that occur outside of my regular office hours. Ideally, I want to hear from you when you are ill or injured before you go to the hospital or urgent care center or in the event of a life threatening emergency, immediately after you have called 911.
- Personal Hospital Care. In the event that you require hospitalization, I will personally supervise your care and assist in the coordination of your care with other specialists, rather than utilizing a hospitalist service.
- E-mail Communication. You will be provided with an email address as a means of communicating withme or the DirectCare staff. E-mail is a convenient, informal means of communicating with me or my staffon non-urgent questions related to your health.
- Timely E-mails on Medical Topics of Interest. I will forward periodic e-mails on subjects of interest to you. I want patients to understand my viewpoint on important health topics. My hope is to help you navigate through the vast amount of available health information. I welcome your thoughts on topics of interest.
Important Insurance Information
- Commercial Insurance Patients. I will remain an “in-network” provider for most insurance plans. For services not included in the DirectCare Program that may be covered by your insurance, we will continue to bill your insurance plan(s) for those services; subject to the terms of your insurance coverage, you will be responsible for any relevant copayments, coinsurance, or deductibles. Patients will be financially responsible for any services not included in the DirectCare Program that are not covered by their insurance.
- Traditional Medicare Patients. We will continue to bill Medicare and your supplemental insurance on your behalf for Medicare-covered services.
Annual DirectCare Program Fee
Patients desiring to enroll in the DirectCare Program will be required to pay an annual fee of $1,400. Payment of the DirectCare Program Fee may be made by check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.
If you have further questions, please call 678-450-7888. We will be happy to assist you.