Nephrology is the subspecialty of internal medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the kidneys. These conditions include electrolyte disturbances, hypertension and the care of patients requiring renal replacement therapy including dialysis and renal transplants.
A Nephrologist (also known as a Kidney Doctor) must become board certified in Internal Medicine by completing seven or more years of medical school and postgraduate training. Then, for an additional two years or more they study a broad range of kidney disorders and their effect on other body organs. Nephrologists diagnose and treat kidney diseases, including both the conditions these diseases can produce, such as hypertension, as well as diseases that can cause kidney failure, such as diabetes mellitus and polycystic kidney disease.
Your Nephrologist at the Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic can administer both your kidney tests and kidney treatment.
Our team of experts is proud to have been named the best Nephrology Group in Hall County in the 2020 Best of Hall Readers’ Choice Awards. Read more.
Nephrologists on Staff
Our expertise includes the following conditions:
- Acute and chronic kidney disease
- Genetic disorders of the kidney such as polycystic kidney disease or Alports syndrome, etc.
- Systemic disease affecting the kidneys such as lupus, autoimmune disorders, etc.
- Electrolyte disturbances, such as regulating potassium, phosphorus, calcium, etc.
- Regulating fluid balance that causes leg or abdominal swelling
- Acid-base disturbances in order to maintain normal body pH levels
- Proteinuria (protein in urine)
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
- Renal replacement therapy (dialysis – including home dialysis)
Contact our Nephrology Department to learn more about how we can help.
1250 Jesse Jewell Parkway SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Highpoint Medical Center
1270 Friendship Road
Braselton, GA 30517
To Schedule an Appointment
Call (770) 536-9864 or (800) 820-6432
If you need to reach the physician on-call for Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic,
please call 770-536-9864 and press 9 to reach an operator.
In case of an after hours emergency, please call 911.