Our History & Heritage
The Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic was founded in 1953 by Dr. Henry S. Jennings. Dr. Jennings, who was then in practice at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, felt that it was time to establish an Internal Medicine practice offering exceptional specialized care in Gainesville, Georgia, which was then poised for growth. His predictions proved to be correct. Gainesville is a thriving economic community and the Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic now serves the entire Northeast region with compassionate care and innovative methods of medical treatment.
From its humble beginnings in a small renovated house on East Broad Street, a small office with only 4 providers, the Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic offered the Gainesville community its first specialty providers. Since then, NGDC has continued to carry on the proud tradition of excellence established by Drs. Henry Jennings, W.D. Stribling and Sam Poole over a half century ago
Since its beginning in 1953, the Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic has grown into a multi-specialty practice of 32& physicians and 13 mid-level providers occupying 52,000 square feet of space in the Guilford Medical Complex on Jesse Jewell Parkway in Gainesville. Even with so much growth and success, the staff at NGDC remains true to their mission: to serve the adult population of our community with compassion, skill and integrity.